Wednesday, April 20, 2016

MTCC ALUM ANNIE MOMBOURQUETTE CHECKS IN

Annie Mombourquette served with MTCC as an AmeriCorps VISTA from August 2014-August 2015 with Browning Public Schools and Blackfeet Community College.  She is continuing her service as a FoodCorps member with the same host site.  We wish Annie the best of luck with the remainder of her service with FoodCorps and life after AmeriCorps!
______________________________________________________________________________

When and where did you serve during your term as an AmeriCorps VISTA? 

I served in Browning, Montana with the Browning Public Schools Food Service Nutrition Education and School/Community Garden Program. I also partnered with Blackfeet Community College as my campus partner. 

How did your year of service impact your life? 

When I started as a VISTA, I planned to go to grad school to study plant genetics. I'm now pursuing public health with a focus on health behavior and chronic disease prevention. More importantly, VISTA brought me to Browning, MT where I've grown as a professional, community member, and person. It has been a privilege to work with the school system and in the community for the last two years. And, I am excited for what's to come. 

What did you do after your term as a VISTA? 

I am currently a FoodCorps Service Member with the Browning Public Schools. FoodCorps is a national network of AmeriCorps leaders connecting kids to real food so they can grow up healthy. 


Where are you now and what is your daily work life like? 

My service varies from day to day. On most days, I teach hands-on nutrition lessons in K through 12 classrooms, maintain the school and community garden and greenhouse, and increase access to healthy food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment